Om Swastiastu ...
Over the past weekend, Bali lost two of its most outstanding community members with the death of internationally famous artist I Nyoman Gunarsa and a most caring philanthropist Australian John Fawcett.
During a visit to Bali, President Joko Widodo called for Indonesia to enhance its “ease of doing business” rating given by the World Bank by simplifying rules and regulations and making the National bureaucracy more “user-friendly.”
In other news: Murder is suspected in the death of an elderly Japanese couple living in Jimbaran, South Bali. A Singaporean physician has died in a diving accident at Padang Bai, East Bali. And, two Dutchmen, a father and son, are facing criminal charges after an angry altercation with local villagers in Abang, Karangasem.
Bali’s governor has had a busy week. During a tour of North Bali, Governor Pastika called for E-learning to be introduced in professional high schools (SMK). The Governor has also pledged that the Province will assist 1,000 Balinese students from impoverished backgrounds secure employment in the international cruise industry in 2018. And in September 2018, the then-former-governor will travel to Chicago to address a Global Hindu Conference.
Buy some plastic money now! Effective October 1, 2017, electronic payment via special bank cards will be the only way to pay to travel on Bali Mandara Toll Road. Meanwhile, major banks are warning that credit card surcharges in use by many businesses in Bali are strictly prohibited and such acts are opposed to Government plans to encourage a “cash free” society.
Hotel News: The former Alaya Resort has changed its branding to Amnaya Resort Kuta effective September 1, 2017. The Blow Hole at the tip of Nusa Dua’s ITDC complex has been temporarily closed to the public until huge ocean waves subside. And, the Grand Hyatt Hotel at Nusa Dua opens the Veranda Lounge and Bar.
Aviation News: Nam Air has opened two new routes from Bali to Bima (Sumbawa) and Tambaloka (Sumba). And the airport at Banyuwangi in East Java is being prepared to act as an off-island parking area for VIP aircraft during the World Bank and International Monetary Fund conferences to be held in Bali in October 2018.
In the face of low visitor totals, the Province of Bali is taking steps to increase visitors to the Batur Volcanic Museum at Kintamani.
- Lovina Festival in North Bali September 14-18, 2017.
- Bali International Open Piano Competition in Bali September 23-24, 2017.
- “Bali Nature” a Solo Exhibition by Willem Kerseboom at the Maya Sanur Resort through October 6, 2017.
- Bali National Golf Club Tournament Saturday, September 16, 2017.
- BALINALE – Bali International Film Festival September 24-30, 2017.
- Bali Vegan Festival in Ubud October 6-8, 2017.
- New Kuta Golf – Bali Celebrates 10th Anniversary Golf Tournament October 7-8, 2017.
- Pink Walk Against Cancer and Cancer Survivors Gathering October 7-8, 2017.
- 10th Herbalife Bali International Triathlon on Sunday, October 15, 2017.
- Bali Readers & Writers Festival in Ubud October 25-29, 2017.
- AdAsia 2017 – a gathering for Advertising Executives in Bali November 8-10, 2017.
- Bali to Host India Film Academy Awards in June 2018.
Keep the news coming and advertise your products on Bali Discovery and Bali Update
Support the advertisers who make Bali Update possible.
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/BaliUpdateEd
Follow us on FaceBook at http://www.facebook.com/balidiscovery
Om Çanti Çanti Çanti Om ...
Editor Bali Update
Bali Discovery Tours